Welcome to Mudra Dance School! We are thrilled that you have chosen our dance school to pursue Indian dance classes. At Mudra we pride ourselves in our selfless teaching method and developing the student as not only a dancer, but also as a well-rounded human being. We hope that you will join our Mudra family and help us grow our rich and diverse community.
Here is some important information about our school:
Aurora Studio Meeting days:
Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays
Aurora Schedule Sundays:
- 10:30am- 12pm Perfoming Company (Invitation Only)
- 12:00-1:30 Ladies (18+), Intermediate1 (ages 7-12)/ Beg Kids (ages 3-6)
- 1:30-3:00 Intermediate 2 (ages 13-17)/ Adv ladies (invitation only 18+)
- 3:00-4:00- Teacher meeting (Teacher and mangers only
Aurora Schedule Mondays:
8:15pm – 9:30pm Performing Company (Invitation Only)
Aurora Schedule Wednesdays:
8:00pm-9:30pm Mixed Adult class (aka for both adult men and women 18+)
Location of Studio (Aurora):
18757 E. Hampden Ave, Suite 162, Aurora, Co 80013
- Tuition for the semester is due during the first class of the month. There will be a $10 late fee assessed each week that tuition is not paid on time.
- In the MEMO line of your check, please write the student’s name.
- Monthly and semester rates are non-negotiable and will not be pro-rated in case of missed classes.
Class Dress Code:
All students must wear only the colors red and black. No jeans or street clothes allowed. Please make sure all hair and bangs are pulled back and out of your face.
MDS primarily teaches the classical dance form of “KATHAK” which is derived from the word “KATHA”; meaning story telling. “KATHAK” is a beautiful blend of the 2 primary elements of dance: “ABHINAY”: the communication of emotions through facial expression; and “NATYA”: the rhythmic movement of the body and feet with a beautiful combination of multiple rhythmic CHAKAARS (turns or twirls). The CHAKAARS are in multiples of 9. KATHAK is one of the 7 well-known classical dance forms of India, which trace back to 6000 BC and over the years have metamorphosed by cultural and geographical influences.
MDS also teaches folk dances from different regions of India & contemporary Indian dance, now classified as “MUDRA STYLE” as part of its curriculum. “MUDRA” is defined as the different gestures of your hands that communicate the story. For MDS, MUDRA means “the expression of your heart, your soul through dance…”. Students of all ages and background are welcome; passion is the only prerequisite.